Friday, March 25, 2011

Cheese Cloth

There are many great uses for cheesecloth but I have been wanting some for photography props for newborns. There are many sellers on etsy that have them and I have even put them in my cart but I could never follow through and buy them. After all, Its a piece of fabric that I could buy and dye myself right?! I just couldn't see myself spending $12.00 on a piece of cheese cloth that would cost about 3 at JOANN'S. Last month when I received my coupons there were TONS of 40% off coupons that made me seal the deal. I bought a package that was 6 yards and I also got a couple of dyes. I think they turned out great and all three of mine cost less than I could have bought one from this seller (custom photo props ) on etsy. I can't wait to use them. I have a little baby boy that I am photographing next weekend!


Bahama Blue
DYLON
The dylon dye took longer but I love how bright it is. It also didn't  leave any marks on my hands when I was rinsing the fabric. I forgot to buy gloves at the store and I just wanted to get it done. lol

Royal Blue
RIT DYE


This one I dyed with tea. I didn't want something super dark or bright but I didn't want to leave it white. I just boiled a pot of water on the stove and added about 8 teabags. After about ten minutes I turned off the burner and added the cheesecloth to the tea. Just let it sit for about an hour and a half.


I had purchased some hair bands over the winter and I haven't got to really use them yet. When I was sorting them last week I realized that I had more than one that was cream. I decided that since this blue color was so great that I would dye the bow at the same time so that it would match if I decided to use this fabric for a little girl later.


No comments:

Post a Comment